You cannot underestimate the power of public speaking—especially in a business setting. From presentations to sales, speaking appears as a form of communication across a variety of business venues. In Powerful Presentations and Effective Speaking Techniques 1159, participants will learn how professional speaking, presentation and sales techniques can positively affect the success they experience in their careers.
Powerful Presentations and Effective Speaking Techniques 1159, a continuing education eLearning course through The University of West Alabama Online, will teach students skills like voice and speech basics, proper breathing, diction and enunciation and how to craft and deliver creative presentations confidently. Course participants will also learn how to speak in front of audiences of varying sizes including one-on-one conversations, small groups, large audiences and tele-seminars and webinars.
This one-month course is divided into the following four units:
Unit 1: Getting Started Right
- Specific strategies to calm your nerves and overcome the fear of speaking
- Master the critical: first five minutes of every presentation
- How to create thought-provoking questions to enroll your audience
- The power of speaking in benefits
- Learning the “what’s in it for me” for your audience
- How to tailor each presentation for different audiences
Unit 2: Correct Vocal Production and Vocal Health
- Vocal production: correct breathing, grounding and voice basics
- Vocal exercises for diction, resonance and vocal placement
- Vocal health: how to speak correctly and never lose your voice
- Grounding and centering before every presentation
Unit 3: Advanced Presentation Techniques
- Effective storytelling
- Keeping your audience active and engaged throughout your entire presentation
- The importance of “state changes,” especially during longer presentations or trainings
- How to use accelerated learning techniques
Unit 4: Putting It All Together
- How to create a specific structure for every presentation
- How to apply all these techniques across different mediums
- How to successfully conclude your presentation and lead your audience to the next step
By the end of this course, participants will have gained confidence in public speaking, have a template designed for presentations and trainings, know how to apply practices related to vocal health and vocal production and have an overall better grasp on how to effectively communicate a message to an audience.
Powerful Presentations and Effective Speaking Techniques 1159 is one of three courses necessary to earn a certificate in Presentation Skills from the University of West Alabama Online. This course is available June 5 through 30 and September 5 through 29.
To register for this or other UWA Online Continuing Education eLearning courses, visit https://uwa.augusoft.net/!