The sustenance that you put into your body on a daily basis can be the most direct variable positively or negatively affecting your health. Especially if you need help getting a particular health issue under control, paying close attention to the foods you are eating can make all the difference in terms of whether or not you are living a healthy lifestyle. In Nutrition and You: Functional Foods 4062, participants will study the effect that particular foods have on overall health and specific health issues.
From the benefits of cocoa on cardiovascular health to the amount of spices and herbs that you should consume as part of your daily diet, Nutrition and You: Functional Foods 4062, will teach you what to eat in an effort to prevent common diseases such as diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
In Nutrition and You: Functional Foods 4062, participants will cover the following topics:
- Why some functional foods should be included in the diet.
- The names of many health benefits of specific functional foods.
- Translating the health benefits of specific functional foods into practical application for the general American diet.
- Understanding how antioxidants work and communicating that knowledge effectively to the general public.
- The free radical theory and what it means.
The cost of tuition for Nutrition and You: Functional Foods 4062 is $195, and all materials are included in the cost of the course. Registration for this course is open through Dec. 15, 2017.
Do not wait until it is too late to start introducing yourself to a better diet. Take charge of your physical health today with Nutrition and You: Functional Foods 4062!
To register for Nutrition and You: Functional Foods 4062, click here.
To browse our entire selection of online continuing education courses, visit UWA Online Continuing Education e-Learning at www.uwa.edu/ce!