Though many of us make it a point to let our mothers know how much we appreciate them throughout the year, having a specific day set aside to reiterate the idea never hurts. If you haven’t already started planning what you are going to do for your mom this Mother’s Day, here’s your reminder that you have exactly one week to do so! Mother’s Day 2017 is Sunday, May 14, and here we’ve shared a few good ideas for how you can show your mom that you think she’s incredible.
- Cook her brunch. Sunday brunch is never a bad move! Instead of fighting the crowds going out to eat for the holiday, plan and cook a special brunch for mom at home. She’ll appreciate the effort you put into a home-cooked meal.
- Take her on a hike. Getting outdoors does the body good, and going on a hike or even for a walk in the park can also give you and your mom the opportunity to spend time together while taking in nature’s beauty.
- Relieve her responsibilities. On Mother’s Day, your mom should have the opportunity for some down time (if not down time all day). Take any responsibilities you can off her hands—whether it is running errands, cooking, cleaning, babysitting the dog, etc.
- Offer to complete a home project. Along the same lines, you could go above and beyond taking care of her daily duties and offer to help with a home project that has been on mom’s to-do list for a while. This could be painting a room, clearing out the garage or creating a new flower bed in the yard.
- Make her something. From the macaroni necklaces you made when you were a kid to now—nothing handmade from her children ever gets old to mom. Tap into your creative side and paint her a picture, make her a spring wreath or even snap a photo on your iPhone and put it in a nice frame.
- Pamper her. In addition to homemade gifts, pampering also never gets old to moms. Give her a gift certificate for a massage or pedicure (or take her to get one), or gift her some of her favorite bath or beauty products.
- Simply spend time together. If all else fails, spending some quality time with mom is a gift that you know she’ll love! Watch a movie, play a board game, reminisce with old pictures—or any other activity that you and her both enjoy.
The UWA Online Continuing Education program wishes all of the moms out there an (early) happy Mother’s Day 2017!
To view our course offerings, or to register for online courses, visit https://uwa.augusoft.net/!