If you are ready to move beyond capturing life’s photographable moments with your iPhone, consider Professional Photography 3212—an online continuing education course through The University of West Alabama Online!
Working with today’s digital technology, it is easier than ever to become an effective photographer given practical information and guidance on proper photo-taking techniques. In Professional Photography 3212, participants will learn about both digital and analog photography with an emphasis on basic concepts that are involved in the art. Students will come away with a better understanding of camera and editing techniques, including a basic knowledge of Photoshop and insight into starting an at-home photography business.
This course will cover the following:
- The basic principles of photography and camera anatomy
- The steps involved in processing photographs
- Digital photography techniques, including composition
- The basics of establishing depth of field, perspective and lighting
- Techniques for improving photographs, including corrective elements and special effects
- The critical elements of launching a professional photography career or photography-based business
This course is ideal for persons with a range of photographic abilities, including the photography student wanting to learn more, the interested hobbyist, the amateur enthusiast and even the skilled photographer looking to make a transition from photography as a hobby to a full-time career. It will be supported by an educational mentor, who will be available to review student work, respond to questions and interact with students as needed.
Professional Photography 3212 has certain hardware requirements, which are listed on the course description of the UWA Online Continuing Education e-Learning course catalog. This course is open now for registration through Dec. 15, 2017!