March is here, and that means spring is on its way! As flowers and foliage come to life, so do our event calendars during the month of March. There are a number of educational, fun and exciting UWA campus events happening in March 2017 that you won’t want to miss.
Pull out your phone calendar or write them down the old fashioned way, but plan to attend one, a few or all of these UWA campus events happening in March 2017!
Check them out here:
Read Across America, March 2
- What: The University of West Alabama will participate in “Read Across America,” a national reading initiative, by having community volunteers read to area school children.
- Where: Livingston Junior High School
- When: Time slots available from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Contact: Dr. Esther Howard, [email protected]
Creative Writing Symposium Conference, March 2
- What: A creative writing event sponsored by the Department of Languages and Literature, which houses programs in English, English Language Arts, Integrated Marketing, Communications, Spanish and French.
- Where: Tutwiler Conference Center
- When: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
ServSafe Food Safety Certification, March 6, 9
- What: For $125 per person, participants will get two full days of instruction textbooks and the ServSafe certification exam. For $75 per person for retesting, participants will get two full days of instruction followed by the ServSafe certification exam.
- Where: Land Hall
- When: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Contact: Alice Moore, 334-216-0738
Undergraduate Research Symposium and Conference, March 7
- What: A showcase of scientific research by students who have partnered with faculty mentors. Events are open to the public and free of charge and will include a keynote speaker.
- Where: Student Rec Center and Bell Conference Center
- When: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (symposium) and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. (conference)
Alpha Phi Alpha: Lip Sync Battle, March 14
- What: Contestants battle it out to be the best lip sync performer of the night.
- Where: Wallace Hall Auditorium
- When: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Chase Your Dreams: A Musical Revue, March 15-17
- What: UWA Theatre presents songs from Broadway hits including Into the Woods, Hairspray, Spamalot, Ragtime and Les Miserables.
- Where: Bibb Graves Auditorium
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Contact: UWA Theatre Tickets, 205-652-3899, [email protected]
Book Signing & Review by Waights Taylor, March 23
- What: Author, poet and playwright Waights Taylor will be on-hand for a book signing and discussion. Taylor is a Birmingham native, former Livingston resident and UWA alumnus.
- Where: Julia S. Tutwiler Library
- When: 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Have you planned out your month yet? As you can see, out of all of these UWA campus events happening in March 2017, there is a little something for everyone!
To keep up with what’s happening on campus, in Livingston and the surrounding area, continue to follow the UWA Online Continuing Education blog! To see our continuing education course offerings and to register for continuing education courses, click here!