Video is projected to make up 82 percent of all web-based consumer internet traffic by the year 2020. According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100 percent every year. In addition, YouTube is now the second-largest search engine, and more than 35 hours of video is being uploaded to YouTube every minute. Using video—and specifically YouTube in your marketing strategy can provide the powerful push your business needs to communicate your messages to your intended audiences.
In YouTube for Business 1229, you will learn how to best use YouTube as a marketing tool for your organization, including which types of video work best on YouTube, how other companies are using it, how to create your own YouTube channel and other specific features of the program. YouTube’s accessibility across mobile, desktop and television devices makes it an extremely influential means for delivering your marketing messages.
This four-week course is divided into the following four units:
Unit 1: Designing Marketing Goals for YouTube That Maximize the Platform
- Learn what types of video work best on YouTube
- Adapt your marketing plan to include video and goals for the YouTube platform
- Discuss YouTube case studies from your industry
- Create a content plan for videos that will work for your business
- Understand how to use YouTube search features and other elements from a consumer perspective
Unit 2 Building and Optimizing Your YouTube Channel
- Learn the various elements of a YouTube Channel and how each feature works
- Create your own YouTube Channel and optimize each feature
- Discuss channel design and settings that fit with your video marketing goals
- Discover how to embed YouTube videos on your website that maximize views
Unit 3 Driving Traffic: Maximizing the Social Network of YouTube
- Learn about the power of YouTube as a social network
- Discover why it is important to have subscribers and how to communicate with them internally within YouTube
- Understand the analytics of YouTube: views, ratings, comments, favorites
- Learn to read YouTube Insight and analyze the data
Unit 4 Creating and Distributing Video on YouTube
- Learn how to upload video and the types of cameras, formats and video resolution that work best on YouTube
- Understand the essential element in a video on YouTube such as graphics, title, tags, description, etc. and how to optimize them for search
- Discover how to get your videos to appear in related searches and other secrets of the YouTube algorithm
- Explore the extra features in YouTube such as editing, private sharing, captions, annotating, audio swap, etc.
The wealth of information offered in this UWA Online Continuing Education course will teach participants how to successfully incorporate YouTube into a business’ marketing plan and also how to build and optimize a YouTube channel for a business or organization. YouTube for Business 1229 is being offered May 1-26, July 3-28 and October 2-27. This course, combined with Video Marketing 1228, counts toward a Video Marketing Certificate from UWA Online.
To register for this or other UWA Online Continuing Education courses, visit https://uwa.augusoft.net/!