Recent studies have shown that people are currently not saving nearly enough for retirement. In fact, 56% of people retire with less than $10,000—a far cry from what it would take a person to retire comfortably. For years, retirement analysts have suggested that people need around $1 million to retire comfortably. That number has since changed to account for inflation, longer lifespans and current concerns regarding Social Security. If you want to retire rich and you are currently in your 20s or 30s, there are steps you can take now to ensure that it happens.
Financial freedom can allow you to life a comfortable, happy and stress-free retirement. In Retire Rich: Smart Retirement Steps for 20- and 30-Somethings 1269, the course will guide participants toward financial success and help them avoid being one of the millions of Americans who suffers from financial insecurity. The course promises financial success for people who follow the simple and easy principles it outlines.
This one-month course costs $195 and is divided into the following three sections:
Unit 1: Getting Started
- Strategically asses where you are financially today and where you want to be in the future
- Take stock of your current assets and liabilities
- Understand your money mindset and beliefs about money, and change what isn’t working for you
- Learn common pitfalls of achieving financial success
- Know why it is important to start retirement planning early and the effects of compounding and inflation
Unit 2: Smart Money Habits
- Discover the easy way to save for retirement
- Learn simple financial rules of thumb for budgeting, saving and investing
- Beware of bad debt and understand when debt may be “good” or useful for you
- Build and increase your credit score
- Understand what matters financially and what doesn’t’ so you can enjoy your money and time and focus on what’s important to you
Unit 3: Goal Setting
- Clarify the future you want and set smart goals
- Understand what works for you and what doesn’t; start small and develop the right habits
- Understand the best way to motivate yourself to achieve success
- Learn research-backed tips for how to most effectively set goals and achieve them
- Know how to calculate the amount you need to live the life you want
By the end of the course, students should feel more confident about the future of their finances, know how to use investing to work to their advantage and understand the best practices for investing and saving, among other accomplishments.
Retire Rich: Smart Retirement Steps for 20- and 30-Somethings 1269 is being offered April 3-28 and June 5-30. To register for this course or other UWA Online Continuing Education courses, visit https://uwa.augusoft.net/!