Just like e-mail, e-books and e-commerce, e-learning involves a task being completed with the help of electronic technology. E-learning by nature obviously involves being on a computer—with course materials, lectures and tests all happening within the realm of the internet. That being said, you may think it impossible to cultivate a career skill set based on physical actions in an e-Learning environment. However, at UWA Online, we offer several e-learning programs that teach you hands-on skills all from the comfort of your own computer.
Read more about these e-Learning programs that teach you hands-on skills.
- Professional Cooking & Catering 3211
- This course of study is broken up into two modules: Professional Cooking and Professional Catering. In Professional Cooking, participants will learn the basics of cooking and baking to begin a career in the food-service industry including how to plan dishes and menus, select quality ingredients, present food masterfully and more. On the catering side, students will learn all steps involved with operating a successful catering business including menu development, managing clients and employees and problem solving solutions. Read more about Professional Cooking & Catering 3211.
- Advanced Personal Fitness Training 3245
- The Advanced Personal Fitness Training certificate at UWA Online prepares participants for careers in medically-based fitness facilities, community wellness programs, personal training studios, physical therapy clinics and private and commercial health clubs, among others. Upon completion, students will earn complimentary access to receive the National Posture Institute’s Certified Resistance Training Professional designation; in addition, it prepares students for the American Council on Exercise Certified Personal Trainer Certification. Read more about Advanced Personal Fitness Training 3245.
- EKG Technician 3135
- This program prepares participants to work as Certified EKG Technicians technicians qualified to work in doctor’s offices, hospitals, clinics and other healthcare facilities. With a growing demand for EKG technicians, this valuable course of study equips students with the skills to perform EKGs by covering topics like the anatomy and physiology of the heart, medical disease processes, medical terminology, medical ethics, legal aspects of patient contract, electrocardiography, stress testing and more. Read more about EKG Technician 3135.
- Massage Therapy & Holistic Healing Professional 4034
- Launch a successful career in massage therapy with UWA Online’s Massage Therapy & Holistic Healing program. The program not only covers principles associated with common massage therapy systems, but it also teaches participants about the business side of working as massage therapists. Topics covered include the history and perspective of massage, Western massage techniques and joint movement, contemporary massage and bodywork, marketing for massage, ethics and professionalism in massage therapy, kinesiology, the skeletal and neuromuscular systems and more. Read more about Massage Therapy & Holistic Healing Professional 4034.
- Landscaping 3173
- Learn everything you need to know to working $20 billion landscaping industry with this certification program through UWA Online. Participants will learn about traditional landscaping design practices as well as more obscure concepts like interior landscaping, xeriscaping and water gardens. The program will also cover information helpful for starting a landscaping business. Students who successfully complete the course will be prepared for an entry-level position in the field and for the NCCB certification exam to become a Certified Landscaping Specialist (CLS). Read more about Landscaping 3173 here.
These e-learning programs that teach you hands-on skills can save you time and money while still preparing you for the technical career that you’ve set your sights on! To browse similar programs through UWA Online, visit www.uwa.edu/ce!